(All-on-4®) Permanent Teeth in just ONE day!
The All-on-4® is a dental implant technique that can be used to provide patients with a new set of fixed (non-removable), highly aesthetic and immediately functional teeth in as little as 24 hours! These patients are typically edentulous (have lost all of their original adult teeth), nearly edentulous (lost most of their natural teeth) or are suffering from a failing dentition as a result of advanced periodontal (gum) disease. Many have existing loose or failing bridgework and others are denture or partial denture wearers. Most patients in these conditions have altered their lives to avoid embarrassing situations as a result of their altered function and smile.
The All-on-4 dental implant technique provides patients with fixed (non-removable) teeth and because of this, they:
- Are cleaned and maintained similarly to natural teeth and do not need to be removed after meals or at night time.
- Enable you to bite down with close to a natural bite, thus allowing you to enjoy the foods you love, but couldn’t manage with uncomfortable dentures.
- Do not shift around and cannot fall out, saving patients much discomfort and social embarrassment, cause irritation, inflammation and the development of sores in the mouth.
- Dental implants promote better jaw bone health by channeling the functional forces associated with eating into the jaw bone as opposed to the gums.
- Can halt the progression of bone loss in the jaw and so do not require one’s bridgework to be redone every few years or so (as a result of the changing shape of the jaw).
- Do not incur repeated expenses such as messy adhesives, soaking solutions, anesthetic gels and other hygienic and storage products typically needed for dentures.
- The All-on-4bridge is far slimmer than traditional bulky dentures and doesn’t cover the hard palate. Consequently, it does not tend to trigger the gag reflex or impede your ability to taste and sense the temperature of your food properly.
- The All-on-4 dental implant technique can be used to replace your upper or lower set of teeth, or both, with natural looking results!
Experience the difference between the All-on-4 vs. conventional dental implant techniques
The All-on-4 technique is a breakthrough in the field of fixed oral rehabilitation as it enables our skilled team of dental implant professionals to achieve unprecedented results and treatment times. The key differences between this incredible innovation and older dental implant methods for the replacement of an entire row of teeth are:
Are you a candidate for All-on-4 implants?
- The All-on-4 only requires four dental implants to provide patients with new teeth. Older techniques could require as many as six, eight or even ten dental implants to be placed per jaw! This means that for full mouth reconstruction, a patient could be looking at having as many as 20 dental implants placed, which frequently worked out to be prohibitively expensive. Additionally, the use of more implants means more surgery, incurring a longer recovery period with greater post-operative pain.
- The All-on-4 typically only requires a single surgery to give patients new teeth. With only four dental implants needed per jaw, full arch replacement can quite easily and safely be completed within the space of a single procedure. Older techniques could require a patient to under go treatment for up to 18 months. Often, multiple staged surgeries were required which resulted in greater discomfort, multiple recovery periods, more time off from work, inconvenience and, of course, expense!
- The All-on-4 typically AVOIDS the need for bone grafting surgery or sinus manipulations. The oral diseases that cause tooth loss can also deteriorate jawbone health. This combined with atrophy (caused by the loss of functional stimulation of the jawbone via the tooth roots) used to necessitate the augmentation of the jawbone before the surgeon could even consider treatment using dental implants. However, owing to the strategic arrangement of implants utilizing the All-on-4 technique, we can almost always find enough support from the existing bone volume for a new set of teeth to be placed. This saves patients significant discomfort, money and time AND it almost always enables patients to receive new and immediately functional teeth in as little as a single day.
Almost every patient is a candidate for the All-on-4 implant procedure. During your initial consultation in our Boca Raton dental office, we will assess your current state of oral health (looking for signs of periodontal disease and jaw bone deterioration) and your medical history. Age itself is never considered a problem… young or senior, you can benefit from our “teeth in a day” services.